Moving is a huge hassle, especially if you’re moving an entire home full of stuff for a big family. It can feel overwhelming.
There’s a really great checklist from Updater.com that gives you things to do 8, 6, 4, 2 weeks out from the move and for the week of the move and one week after the move.
I plan to use this when we move in a few months.
- Getting boxes (especially free used ones)
- Scheduling a mover (if you need one)
- Confirm parking for your moving truck (some areas may require permits)
- Sign up with new cable and internet provider
- Update voter registration
- Recycle and dispose of toxic chemicals
- Cancel memberships
- Remove light bulbs from lamps you are moving
- Forward your mail
- Change address for SSA benefits
- Transfer prescriptions to a new pharmacy