I enjoy the gym. Ever since high school I’ve made it a habit to go daily just as a way to get out of the house and get moving.
Especially since I started working from home 4 years ago, the gym has become even more important to my daily schedule. I picked a time in the morning so it’s right after a big chunk of work. I can clear my head and start thinking of new ideas. And then I can come back and work a little bit more.
But as someone who doesn’t like the gym, how can you motivate yourself to go?
- Have a good book or audiobook and only consume it at the gym
- This is how I got through all of the A Song of Ice and Fire books (Game of Thrones) within a year in college
- Have podcasts you only listen to at the gym
- Save your favorite show for the gym
- Have a set time to go (mine is around noon every day)
Photo: One of many cool stickers from Taipei