Updated May 13, 2019
A list of all the random ideas I keep in my Google Keep app.
Websites or Web Apps
- Podcast recommendation engine
- Where should I travel next?
- Random suggestions of cities with recommended activities, food, etc.
- What should I learn next?
- Can give you random topics or you can select topics and get recommendations
- Will link out to free & paid courses, books, articles, YouTube, podcasts
- Random recipe
- Workout suggestor
- Recommend cool person to follow on Twitter
- Recommend cool YouTube channel to follow
- Really cool companies: Profiles of interesting companies.
- Help my business: Listings of tiny projects that companies need help with and are willing to take a chance with newbie marketers that need the experience.
- 5 things to do: 5 things to do in popular cities. Can break it up by category like Must-Do, Food, Culture, Weird, Drink.
- Best of the Best: Collections of the best products in certain categories based on reviews from different sites like Amazon, WireCutter, etc.. Like an aggregation of top products.
- Really cool people: Profiles of cool people in different industries, podcasts they’ve been on, youtube videos. I always get interested in different people and then go through all of their videos, interviews, etc. and then try to find more people like them.
- Best Button Color: When people Google “what’s the best button color?” they’ll click this site and just see “NONE, stop AB testing this” or something else snarky :p
- What’s in your bag?: Videos and articles showing what’s in digital nomads’ travel bags.
- Desk Toys: Videos and articles about desk set ups. Make money through affiliate sales
- Super high quality, unique laptop and phone stickers
- An app that lets you manually input expenses and income and that goes straight into a budget on Google Sheets
- Chrome extension that shows Yelp, tripadvisor reviews/ratings for restaurants in Google maps
Some random self-experimentation ideas I’d like to try out.
- Standing at least 8 hours a day (currently doing about 6 hours a day)
- Biking while working (would need to get a stationary bike)
- Reading books that challenge my thinking (ex. Christian book)
- No coffee after 2
- Currently doing this, sleeping much earlier
- No buying things except food
- Reducing use of phone to just 1 hour a day
- Vegan or vegetarian week once a month
- Stop reading online articles unless I will read the whole thing
- I’ve been doing this, helps me not get distracted while on the computer
- I can read the saved articles when I’m out or getting ready for bed
- Listening to instrumental music while working
- Rewards for business employees: Businesses sign up and we find random gifts to surprise employees. Employees fill out a survey or profile of interests when hired and they can update whenever.
- This could also work for agencies, we can find gifts for your clients
- QA agency just for A/B tests
- Conversion Optimization for charities
- Best pillow ever: I have an awesome custom pillow that I can’t sleep without and take travelling. I even got one for my girlfriend and my family use them too.
- Getting your first marketing job book
- Budgeting spreadsheets for $5 (call it $5 finance)
- I have used one for the past 3 years
- Site that vets marketers and marketing agencies like Toptal for agencies
- Email marketing audits (similar to content audits for blogs)
- Average order value increase service for eCommerce: Install product recommendations, set up AOV increasing automated emails, postcard service
- A/B testing for copy only
- A/B testing for landing pages
- CRO for Shopify app store
- English Proofreading/Editing- Pay by the word, make it so people can use it for everything from email to a resume to website copy
- Travel coffee kit
- Quick & dirty CRO for small eCommerce sites
- Email marketing for content businesses
- Email marketing for podcasts
- Email marketing for courses